Jess,

JXPath has always supported Xalan through JAXP DOM APIs.  What you may have
seen in the source code of JXPath is some attempts to optimize JXPath when it
is used specifically in combination with Xalan.  You would not be interested in
that optimization, because it would only be applied to static DOM and take
advantage of DTM.

Try using JXPath and let us know how it works out.

- Dmitri

Jess Holle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
P.S. Also, I must admit this message is somewhat of a test. If no one
responds, then I can assume the JXPath community is not active enough to
be worth considering over sticking with an old version of Xalan for the
forseeable future.