Henri Yandell <flamefew <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The aim is to provide us with information on where projects are
> release-wise and where we are in terms of answering new issues. Some
> of our components aren't there - for example Jelly which has 77
> unversioned issues and Attributes/Discovery which are ready to be
> retired. Some of the ones there should probably be removed for having
> too many unversioned issues.

I wonder what's the problem with unversioned issues. It simply says "in the
future". Any exact targetting for unresolved issues will lead to "this issues
hasn't made it into the latest release, we try to get it into the next one"
mails polluting the mailing lists without nearly any additional value.

Dennis Lundberg <dennisl <at> apache.org> writes:

> And any component with a high number of solved issues deserves a
> release, no matter what the total says, say like 40/300.

If it's just the number of resolved issues, you don't need the number of
unresolved issues assigned to a target release. I tend to agree with this POV.

Regards
Jörg