You're right, sorry for this mistake.
The maven generated manifest was using a maven option
to declare dependencies as extensions-list. this option is not set in the
project properties, so it may has been set on the computer used to generate
the manifest.
According to maven doc "This can cause some applications to break, so it has
been disabled by default".

The project also is configured to use target=1.4. I'm using
commons-attributes on java 1.3 and have compiled the 2.2 version on
java 1.3without any issue. I did not searched the cvs log to know why
it has been
set.

2007/3/6, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 3/6/07, nicolas de loof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I already asked for a 2.2.1 release to remove those "-Extension" in
> manifest, as they break running my app under tomcat 4.
>
> Those libs are only required by the compiler jar, not the api (runtime)
jar,
> tho they can be removed from the manifest. This manifest is hand-written
and
> is included during the ant build. Building with maven doesn't include
it.

It isn't hand-written btw. It came from the Maven build and was put in
SVN for the Ant build to use.

Hen