On 14/06/07, Torsten Curdt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > What would you think - how many percent of the developers that
>> require
>> > to build a project from the source have no http access to the
>> internet?
>> > Well, for jci I will personally send them a tar of the checkout
>> - if
>> > they have email :-p
>
> Source is not only needed for building the binary; it's also useful to
> have access for debugging purposes in IDEs.

Source artifact are in the maven repo for that exact reason.

But downloading stuff from the Maven repo is not as easy as getting it
from the Apache mirrors. Why should I have to get the binaries from
one place and the source from another completely different server?

>> I would only advise to have a simple and classical way to
>> distribute: an
>> archive on a web server people can retrieve using a web browser.

I the situation you are in it won't buy you anything as the build
system is maven ...and it would need access to the network too.

Not necessarily; one can build up local copies of dependencies.

How you get work done in such an environment is beyond me :)

Not my environment luckily.

cheers
--
Torsten