Torsten Curdt wrote:
As (more or less) requested I've also created a source and binary distributions

 http://people.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/jci/1.0-RC4/dists/

These look good, +1.

I found problem with missing LICENSE and NOTICE files in:
  commons-jci-core-1.0-javadoc.jar
  commons-jci-core-1.0-tests.jar
  commons-jci-eclipse-1.0-javadoc.jar
  commons-jci-examples-1.0-javadoc.jar
  commons-jci-fam-1.0-javadoc.jar
  commons-jci-groovy-1.0-javadoc.jar
  commons-jci-janino-1.0-javadoc.jar
  commons-jci-javac-1.0-javadoc.jar
  commons-jci-rhino-1.0-javadoc.jar

The files in those jars do include a license header in the package files. And I don't know of any (maven based) project including those two files explicitly inside those jars.

They are included in all the other files. Wouldn't it be trivial to add into these files as well? It would be like couple of lines in ant... ;-)

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jci/tags/1.0-RC4/core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/jci/listeners/package.html

:)

License header is missing in files:
  commons-jci-1.0-site.xml

Seems like maven stripped the license:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jci/tags/1.0-RC4/src/site/site.xml
But I personally don't see that as a blocker.

Probably not.

  maven-metadata.xml (multiple files in different locations)

This is only repository metadata generated by maven.

So release like that?

Well definitely +1 for releasing tar.gz/zip files as they check out just fine; but I don't know a thing about maven so I'm here in the dark - should those be considered "release artifacts" or no? Shrug...

Vadim