Odi's suggestion of starting a 2.1 branch now is a reasonable one. Your patch is good Oleg, just a bit too tramatic for 2.0 right now. We are getting close to the point where we will want a 2.1 branch anyway.

There would be a little extra overhead of maintaining the branch. Alternatively the patch will become stale and may be very difficult to apply later so that it would only be useful as a prototype.

What do you say Oleg?

BTW: The patch was never "rejected". We all agree it is good work on the correct path. The problem is only when it makes sense to do this. It appears that I was wrong to target this as a 2.0 feature in the first place.

Jandalf.

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

Hi Laura