I agree. Vote forthcoming.

Mike

On Mar 16, 2004, at 9:21 AM, Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

In an attempt to reach a conclusion in this seemingly never-ending and fruitless discussion I suggest that as of now we discontinue the use of @author for all contributions submitted by people who have not signed Apache CLA <http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>. That should address legal concerns expressed during the discussion regardless how justified or unjustified they are

Mike, probably we should run a vote on this matter and get it over with. What do you think?

From: Michael McGrady [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 23:29
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: @author tags

Fuel to this fire, I think, is fine. Why not talk it out? Why not share
perspectives and information? I have some remarks about what you have
said, that I hope are helpful, see infra:

CAN ANYONE ACTUALLY IDENTIFY A SINGLE LEGAL ISSUE WITH USING AUTHOR
TAGS?  Even though I am a lawyer, and a good one, I think, I cannot
identify such an issue.  This is a myth, in my opinion.  See in