Hello Dan,

IIS will try to verify the authentication headers it gets.
If your users and passwords are known to Windows,
the requests should pass through just fine.

What exactly is an "httpclient servlet"?

Have you checked which plugins are active in IIS?
Maybe you can move the plugin of your servlet
engine in front of the IIS authentication, so the
servlet gets the request before IIS authenticates it.

I'm just guessing here, I only conducted a few
authentication experiments with IIS last year.

cheers,
  Roland

"Dan Tran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
17.03.2004 17:28
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"