Hoi,
This is indeed a clever approach to the use of a system like Djatoka.. I
have no clue if this has been done.. I will ask.
Thanks,
      GerardM

On 13 March 2010 17:36, Lars Aronsson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tim Alder wrote:
> > So I experiment a little bit with TMS[1] and create:
> > http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/zoom-image/tms/<http://toolserver.org/%7Ekolossos/zoom-image/tms/>
> > To create this tiles I use the opensource tool GDAL2tiles.[2]
> >
> > I also test Zoomify so if you want to compare:
> > http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/zoom-image/<http://toolserver.org/%7Ekolossos/zoom-image/>
> > but I think we need in the future no flash.
> >
>
> One thing that is needed is to address a specific point
> in the picture, like a coordinate in a map. When this
> is applied to digitized newspapers, we need to be able
> to link directly to the article halfway down in column 5.
>
> I'm certain map tile systems can do this (it works for
> coordinates in OpenStreetMap), but we need to ask the
> same question for any image zoom system.
>
> If you use this solution for digitized newspapers or books,
> you can put all page images in one big zoomable picture.
>
>
> --
>  Lars Aronsson ([email protected])
>  Aronsson Datateknik - http://aronsson.se
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Commons-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/commons-l
>
_______________________________________________
Commons-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/commons-l

Reply via email to