Quoting Flavio Tordini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> hi craig,
> thank you for your answer. i think the date formats to use are those in
>   ISO 8601.
>
> see: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime
>
> maybe the converter could be added to the beanutils codebase but not
> used by default by ConvertUtils. what do you think?

That is one of at least twenty different formats for dates and times that people
like to use (and would be pretty user-unfriendly in a locale that likes
dd/mm/yyyy formatted dates).  It doesn't seem reasonable to pick just one, so
I'd prefer to let applications that want to use a particular format to register
their own.

> flavio

Craig