From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of James Carman
Sent: 29 June 2007 12:22
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Attribute question for Commons Digester

Just make a custom rule...

public class SetIdRule extends Rule
{
  public void begin(java.lang.String namespace,       java.lang.String
name,       org.xml.sax.Attributes attributes)
  {
    Article article = ( Article )digester.peek();  // get the thing off
the top of the "stack"
    article.setId(cleanUpUnderscore(attributes.getAttribute("id")));
  }
}

That's off the top of my head, so the method names might have been
changed to protect the innocent. :)

Then, add it to your Digester using the addRule() method