I certainly support modifying this provision at this point.

I think that the idea that “innovation” will occur (or should be encouraged) in
IPv4 at this point is counterproductive at best.

I’ve always felt that was at best a harmless and useless provision
unlikely to ever be used and at worst a misleading pipe dream that the life of
IPv4 can somehow be artificially extended by the AfriNIC board.

In terms of, I would support a proposal to return that /12 to the
general free pool.