Hi Owen,
At 09:05 AM 11-04-2018, Owen DeLong wrote:
Since AfriNIC isn't actually present in either location, it's up to the government of Mauritius whether it would do any of the following:
1.Allow suit based on GDPR violation to be brought in an MU court.
2.Extradite AfriNIC for suit in a court of competent jurisdiction in one of those countries.

I doubt that (1) is how the data protection law works in Mauritius.

However, given the new information from Kirs that MU signed a safe harbor treaty with EU subjecting MU to EU ICO->GDPR, then yes, everyone and all organizations in MU are subject to GDPR by virtue of the treaty requiring MU to do one of the two things above in such a case.

I gather that you are referring to the safe harbor framework [1] between the United States and the European Union. I doubt that legal entities in Mauritius are subject to the GDPR per se [2] as they are not in the European Union. Which treaty are you referring to?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/u.s.-eu-safe-harbor-framework 2. There may be exceptions to this.