Hi Andrew,
At 11:24 PM 03-12-2018, Andrew Alston wrote:
Now – I realize this is still early December 2018 – but we’re almost at the end of the year and unless there are a LOT of ASN’s about to be issued – I see that AFRINIC is running at a lower ASN allocation rate across the continent than at any year since 2009:

2009: 82
2010: 113
2011: 109
2012: 128
2013: 155
2014: 134
2015: 151
2016: 166
2017: 152
2018: 99

Thanks for sharing the statistics. I took a quick look at the information which is published. The results were as follows:

  2015: 152
  2016: 165
  2017: 152
  2018: 162

As AFRINIC has a mandate to promote Internet growth across the continent, I really think it would be good to understand what their thoughts on this are – and no – before I get jumped on – I am not blaming AFRINIC for the drop – but it certainly does warrant questions being asked.

In my opinion, if there was a drop, it would be good to understand what happened.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy