James Taylor wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 23:58, Jeff Turner wrote:

it is better to have ANY Wiki (here, UseModWiki) than try to establish a
nonexistent consensus on which Wiki everyone agrees is best.  That can be
sorted out later, if people want it sorted out badly enough.

I agree in general, but the Wiki is a great example of a place where a little more forward thinking might have been a good idea. Because wiki's tend to fill with content rapdily, once you use them for a little while you are pretty much locked in. Especially given this comment:

Counterpoint? (No, I don't want to become embroiled in this dicussion).

It certainly is easier to migrate content that exists, even if it is in the wrong format, than content that does not exist.

- Sam Ruby