Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 27/02/2003 10:18:26
AM:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > > "can we link to software under license X?",
>
> > And what does 'linking' mean for languages used by the ASF, e.g. Java,
> > PHP, Perl, scripting languages like Javascript?
>
> Actually - in a lot of cases - that is not 'our' problem. Best we can do
> is ask the owner/author of the IP/License for which resolving such is
> important for his-or-her take on that; and then make sure the answer is
> filed properly in the ASF books.

Yep. If the ASF wants to use third-party code, it must verify the license
usage is legal.

Given the discussions lately re: LGPL, this sort of issue is extremely
important.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au