On Tue, 13 May 2003, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> I just mailed him that he shouldn't waste my time.. What a major idiot..

That is a bit rash I think. The guy makes a valid point; and one which
resonates unbelivably well with managers, policy makers, politicians and
lobbyist.

And there is a warped, but tempting/contagious, stink in his key argument:

        No BSD code can compete with Proprietary code based on BSD code.

As it is BSD and then some. And therefore better. In reality this does not
playout that well (due to maintenance, integration and other biz./reality
costs) But once you have to explain that - you've lost the oneline
argument/debate. And the above sticks terribly well with people who are
not that familiar with actual software engineering processes.

Dw