> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:46:21 +0100
> (Subject: Re: [i18n] Internationalization project)
> "David Reid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I really don't think placing such a project anywhere but the incubator
makes
> > sense...
>
> For me, proposed project whose final target (destination) is TLP itself
> would not fit to the incubator charter.
> Rather, creation of the "task force team" (mailing list) might be
> preferable...
>
> Also, it is similar to the creation of Incubator Project itself
> last year, I guess.
>
> Am i right? wrong?

I think you're wrong - sorry :( Basically the incubutaor is a staging area
for new projects. It provides a place for them to build a stable basis and
gain support/experience before they move on. Whatever level they're destined
for within the ASF is irrelevant to the process of getting the lists, cvs
and general structure setup - which is what the incubator exists for. If the
project succeeds in getting "bootstrapped" then it'll be moved on and out of
the incubator.

Another important consideration is that getting started in the incubator
isn't as hard as getting setup as a full project.

david