All,

My *strong* intention was (from a year ago) "Why jakarta do not have
an infrastructure for the translators, like http-docs project?"

This is a very simple "riddle".

I set up the translated mirror site in my company's host
(jakarta.terra-intl.com), but if there is *completely consistent
infrastracture* in apache.org, I am willing to put the contents on it.

Very *very* simple motivation.

--

However, on the other hand, i imagined ..." i do not have to stick to
jakarta" .. how about xml.apache.org? how about ws.apache.org?

--

At the same time, I imagined how wonderful it would be to
in apache.org??

i18n/l10n ASF TLP can cover mentioned above i imagined.

Please please take these above into consideration.

--

Note: I am rather a marketing and business oriented person, not developer.
I can not evangelize the efforts of the jakarta/xml/ws projects if we do

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:27:13 -0400
(Subject: RE: [l10n] localisation infrastructure (was Re: [i18n]
Internationalization project))
"Noel J. Bergman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I was thinking on the l10n making "doc commits" and "properties
> > commits", ... themselves, and having means to track *both* the
> > source document (in the original project cvs) and the translated
> > documents (???).
>
> That would be possible if they were invited to have Commit access to a
> project's CVS, e.g., a project's site module.  But there is no point in
> having an l10n CVS module to hold all of the ASF's translated documents.
>
> > I signaled clearly that I was speaking about having a translation
> > infrastructure, and that this infrastructure was not simple to develop.
>
> What does the infrastructure consist of, other than a data format, language
> bindings, and the people to make translation happen?
>
>       --- Noel

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/