> Many other open source projects, including Debian, the Linux Kernel
> developers, and Mono, are aggregating the RSS feeds of their blogging
> contributors and putting them up on a web site.  This is something
> that would be good for the ASF to do as well

We have so far voted to not create an ASF blog because we do not want the
perception of the ASF approving the content of the blogs.  This does not
seem any different to me.  I understand that some people feel that we are
just "syndicating" content from elsewhere, but that is a difference with
little distinction in the mind of the reader.

Who is going to police the syndicated content?  Some people want to be
controversial on their blogs.  Are we trying to be controversial?  Are our
agendas their agendas?  Newspapers, TV stations, etc. do not blindly
syndicate content.  Not only are they selective about what they pull from
the wire services, but for things that they have contracted, they will still
reject content, such as some comic strip that they deem inappropriate.
Preception is reality, and the normal perception that someone who publishes
content, regardless of authorship, approves it.

I would be -1 for aggregating external content on an official ASF site.
Disclaimers or no disclaimers, it is going to be perceived as ASF content.
Having it aggregated on an unofficial, ancillary, site would be OK with me,
if someone wanted to provide that resource.

> all we have now is the wiki page

The difference is that the Wiki page simply lists personal pages for
members.  If there is an implied coupling, it is a much weaker coupling that
aggregating the content.

        --- Noel