This discussion, and a recent comment about the new [EMAIL PROTECTED] have had me thinking about ASF infrastructure, etc.

The question was asked "why start discussion about continuations in the JVM on a codehaus list when most of the people initially involved are ASF'ers, etc?"

The answer was that the list was made the moment it was needed. It *could* be created the moment it was needed.

If several ASF'ers want a [EMAIL PROTECTED] it shouldn't even be a discussion, it should just be done. An additional mailing list will add minimal overhead to infrastructure, may die out later (ll1 comes to mind as a prime non-ASF example) but that is irrelevant -- it can be killed then, and would open further discussion now.

I suspect that if 3 ASF'ers want to discuss a topic via email, and think a mailing list would help, there should be a mechanism to simply have it created, bang. Just my 2 cents =)

-Brian