Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > IIRC when the legal-discuss mailing list was first created, the idea of
> > a legal FAQ for committers was floated preferably written by someone
> > with legal training. AFAIK this hasn't happened yet.

> > this is something the foundation is going to need. i'd be willing to
> > help write up content for such a FAQ.
> >
> > opinions?
>
> As it happens, I suggested more or less the same on the board@ mailing
> list on Sunday. I suggested it as a task of our V.P., Legal Affairs.
> Whatever the approach, I'd be happy if we can finally build that
> legal/license FAQ. The most important thing is to communicate the
> (reviewed) results to everyone, especially to all the PMCs, so everyone
> and every project is on the same level.
>
> I'll try to find time to help you with the FAQ and I hope we get some
> additional help. The FAQ page is already linked to [1], but it's just
> not there, yet. Another important point IMO is to add information on the
> need for a CLA on the "introduction for contributors" page.
>
> [1] http://www.apache.org/dev/ (Look for "License FAQ")

This is very interesting. For a long time i was wondering
the same thing. Yet while i was editing some other top-level
docs i found the Licence FAQ. Obviously i and others had
overlooked it all this time. It was only linked from the
http://www.apache.org/foundation/preFAQ.html#licence

So yesterday i linked it into [1]. Hopefully it is now
more obvious. The trouble was that i can't spell american
so the link was broken, fixed now.

We do still need a general Legal FAQ of course.

David