Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> david reid wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> One thing I'm not sure of - should it remove past events? I'd prefer if
>>> it keeps them...
>>
>> Presently it doesn't include past events in the output (though they are
>> still in the files it scans unless the owner removes them), but I can
>> easily add another output file that includes only the past events.
>
> I'd like to have an output file with all - past and future - events
> together :)

My only conern about that is the size of the file, but that said it's
just a file so it's not really an issue. :-)

>> It
>> was mentioned, but I never quite got round to doing it. Until there is a
>> clear indication of the longevity of the work I wasn't keen to spend too
>> much time - I'm sure we can all relate to that? :-)
>
> Let's hope it sticks - it is very convenient to have all this in iCal :)

Well, as the saying goes "If you use it..." :-)

There are a few things to be done to bring it fully into the asf fold

 1) move the file with the links to files into svn
 2) move the file creator and outputs under an apache.org domain
 3) change the styling of the html so it appears more "asf"
 4) add regular cron jobs to generate the output files

None of this is a huge task, but I'm hesitant to start implementing it
until there's more support. I can't believe that throughout the entire
asf there are so few events of interest!

BTW, if people want to work on any of the above drop me a line! All the
code required is in svn :-)

david