There's a couple of things being mixed in here.

* Development Environment

* Application Stack

For the development environment, if the project is open source,
there's Google Code, and so forth. There's also all-on-tools like Trac
that you can install on your own server, or subscription cloud-based
environments like JIRA Studio.

For the application stack, Matt Raible used to have something like
what you describe, called AppFuse, but I don't know if he still
maintains it.

* http://raibledesigns.com

Though, my honest advice is that you are looking for all this to be
virtually ready-to-run and supported, then think about going over to
the .NET side, or even something like Ruby on Rails.

You are right in that we are mired in choice, and even a .NET or RoR
environment is a long way from being plug and play. A project like you
describe would be a Good Thing for someone who had the itch, but it
would be a non-trivial project unto itself.

-Ted.