On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney
<lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Recently over at Apache Any23 we've been working towards a release, however
> we discovered that apart from around 3 or so project committers there is an
> apparent lack of enthusiasm from within the community to VOTE and for us to
> obtain quorum to release/make decisions.

3 active PMC votes is what you need to get a release out.

> For clarity I've rolled back the release candidate and wanted to try and
> iron out some community issues, however I wanted some opinions from you guys
> before I can form my own opinion of where I want to see the project going.

These discussions should really happen on the project dev list, and
should be a community decision...

> For me the attic is the last resort. As this week has progressed, and people
> have started to chime in on the discussion over on dev@any23, I think that
> we will most likely not go to the attic.
> I am personally now recognizing that we have a small number of community
> members who enjoy developing the software as "it works", and in all honesty
> I am fine with that. I actually have the same user and dev requirements.
> Can anyone please provide me with examples/experiences of projects which
> have "struggled" to stay afloat, but have continued to push releases? I do
> not have experience of this and I am very keen to learn.

Wink is a small community, where some members really come to play to
help get releases out. Having said that, we have a good number of
users that benefit from releasing often.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende