Hi Deepali,

What Lewis is soliciting for is for existing committers since thats a
requirements to mentor GSOC projects. Looks like you are interested to
contribute to apache projects which is great. If you haven't already start by
looking through the community website and navigate to a project of your choice.
You might find this information useful - http://community.apache.org/newcomers/

Suresh