On 3/1/07, Krzysztof Kajkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
However there might be such attempts to create GSM trojans
and we should be aware to enable user to protect itself. The question
is how to do that?

What do you think?

First off all I think that there are good chances for a trojan, even
if it has to be downloaded manually ... think about all the trojans
for windows ... and in phase 2 and beyond this phone will probably
have users that don't mind about security ... I think it would be a
good idea to be able to set the rights of an application, like
- can/cannot make calls / send sms
- can/cannot read/edit adress book / calendar
- can/cannot initiate gprs-connections
- can/cannot use gps

and to safe normal user all rights, that can create costs should be
disabled by default ..

regards
martin
--
"The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location... and I'm