That was exactly the example one of the german developer used to explain the
gps in a german podcast (I think it was Harald Welte in conversation with
Chaos Radio). The idea is, that you save some points and adds information
what to do there. So, a few meters around the cinema, the Neo switchtes to
stand-by. Or if you are at school, it doesn't make any sounds. So, I think,
it is quite realistic.

P.S.: I hope I posted it now right after creating a new thread every time
before...

On 7/2/07, Nick Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/2/07, Dean Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bzzz lets not get too carried away – are the Neo's going to have te gps
> locations of every cinema globally – nope then lets get realistic about
what
> it can and cant do.

As someone working in GIS - getting Point Of Interest data like that
isn't as hard as you might think. The main problem would be that
you're not going to have GPS reception indoors, so you won't
neccessarially know when you're entering a cinema. :)

-Nick Johnson