On 28 Jul 2007, at 15:08, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

I would much rather have a package manager (think apt) than something like
that. And OpenEmbedded already provides that, from what I understand.

ipkg is based on dpkg, it's more lightweight.

Don't get me wrong, we need package management, it's just that I've owned Windows Mobile phones and there's been no easy way to install software when using Linux. Getting a reliable sync solution that works on Windows, Mac OS and Linux is quite a big piece of work and while this is in development it is handy to have an alternative.

I'm also wondering how we are going to achieve installing applications on the SD card, have a lib directory and bin directory on there and add these to the paths?