Wiadomość napisana w dniu Nov 16, 2007, o godz 4:42 PM, przez Enno Gottox Boland:

-.- ok another flamewar... lets participate.
Hi! Actualy those are not operating systems. Operating system is for
example Linux. It is used for OpenMoko and Qtopia (I'm not sure for
Android but I think also).
Don't feed the troll... ... ... ... Oh, I really have to!
Linux is a kernel. GTK/Qt/etc is the GUI. You can call e.g. Angstrom
the Operating system, but also it is the Distribution. It is not clear
what should be called OS in this environment, but for sure Linux is
NOT an OS.

Hmm, others think different. Check out wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux (first sentence):

"Linux (pronunciation: IPA: /ˈlɪnʊks/, lin-uks) is a Unix-like computer operating system."

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system: "An operating system (OS) is the software that manages the sharing of the resources of a computer and provides programmers with an interface used to access those resources." So "kernel" matches this definition perfectly.

cayco