On Jan 30, 2008, at 10:47 AM, Colan Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 06:13:17PM -0700, Jeremiah Flerchinger wrote:
Has anyone who actually has hardware right now tried/had luck running a full featured VOIP application in OpenMoko? I'd much rather see Gizmo than Skype, especially since it looks like it's integrated into GrandCentral (http://www.grandcentral.com/) and is based on open standards (and closed
source).
It also looks like Gizmo directly supports the Maemo on the Nokia N800
(http://gizmoproject.com/learnmore-nokia800.html).

Other options are http://ekiga.org/ and http://www.openwengo.org/. They both do SIP. I know about Ekiga because it ships with Ubuntu, and it's
completely open source.  I don't know that much about OpenWengo.
-c.
--
Colan Schwartz
Internet Consultant  |  Openject Consulting  |  http://www.openject.com/

Ekiga would be absolutely amazing. A major port job (gtk wise) but everything else should be simple to integrate for an application developer. Great suggestion.

-brandon kruse