On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Hans L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I am not an electrical engineer, but I think that the voltage/current
>  produced from such a magnet would be negligible.  But, even assuming
>  that it would not be harmful, isn't the case made of plastic?  Is

Well you could take apart the phone and try to find a place to stash a
small, really strong neodymium magnet.  Then use a thin steel stylus
(with a soft plastic tip), shaped to fit against whatever surface has
the magnet.  It could even fit against the side of the phone, if it
had a slightly concave shape.  Or mod the case to have a shallow
groove for the stylus to fit into, then the stylus could just be a
thin steel bar, or rounded on one side as suggested.  Since the magnet
doesn't move, it shouldn't cause any inductive pulses (although it
might cause electrons that are trying to move in a straight line to go
off in a curve instead.  Not sure if that would affect anything...)