Jim wrote:
> I was kind of surprised that gpsd didn't give me a simple way to just get the
> current location, I
> had to capture 5 sentences to do that simple thing

I tried to used gpsd with my GPS base station my recollection was that
it was totally useless for that. I assume that it will be useless for
this project too but it's a starting point.

> XML would be able to do that but I agree probably too verbose, how about
> tokenized XML?

Very interesting idea, could be the way to go, I will look at it.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Bert Hartmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In my toyings with TangoGPS, I know it can produce logs, I don't know the
> format
> at all, it may just be the raw GPS output or not. I do know it does all the
> pedometer functions you were asking about (maybe not min speed, but definitely
> max and avg.). Perhaps you should look into that project.

I will, thank you. I have no interest in inventing a new binary
format. There should be something out there that is open and compact.
("There should be", he said. Ha)

I've tried TangoGPS, it's a nice program.

Brian