On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 11:50, arne anka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 1 4gb FAT partition with the uImage.bin (one for each other partition)
>
> why is that?
> 4gb just to host the kernels is ... waste.

Of course, it is my data partition (maps,....). But for now, I also
use it for the kernel, didn't try yet to boot directly with kernel on
ext3 partitions (same as rootfs).
 And I have already too much partitions, do not want another tiny one
just for kernel....

>> But I have now more partitions.... (and these 2 ext3 ones are logical
>> ones now, and recognized as mmcblk0p5 and mmcblk0p6 instead of
>> mmcblk0p2 and mmcblk0p3 before -can I change that ?
>
> by repartitioning -- but first you better post the output of
>
> fdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0
>
> and describe what exactly you're aiming at.

I will look at this...
(Well here I used GUI appli from ubuntu (gparted ?) to partition. Can
I use this appli to change this ?)

1st partition is primary FAT
then extended partition with 5 (!) ext3 logical partitions.
and last one is 1GB primary ext3
So as for now I use FAT one for data (and kernels) and 3 ext3 ones for
qtopia, 2008.8, and fso...

(I know it is a lot but hey.... so much to try... 2007.2, qtopia,
2008.8, FSO, debian, stable/unstable... and I sometimes want to be
able to try an updated one before deleting one that works...).