On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Russell Sears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> 2008.8 has the same problem.  It also uses qpe to scan all the data on
> the SD card at boot.  This is why it's really slow right after it boots
> (eg: seconds to echo keypresses in the dialer...).  I use tangogps and
> it wants to index all the map tiles, so it takes *hours* to scan my SD
> card after each boot...
>
> -Rusty
>


I bet that is my problem.  I mean the software stack has improved
tremendously -- I have been using zeche's patches and the terminal keyboard,
and have been really happy, except for the slowness...  I haven't been able
to figure out what to do or what the problem is, but this sounds like the
main cause...  I would definitely like to turn off the scanning or tell it
only to scan (or exclude) certain directories...  This would make such a big
difference!

The patch that was listed, I'm not sure I can translate that into my thought
from above... Would a setting of ContentDatabase=0 turn off the scanning.
I'm not interesting in prescans of the media files... I would rather
manually create play lists of find them with a file chooser.
_______________________________________________
Openmoko community mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community

Reply via email to