El día Tuesday, October 28, 2008 a las 04:37:24AM -0400, Stefan Monnier
escribió:

> > The next think I want to try is using GPS on my FR with Om2008.9.
> > I've never used GPS before and so I'm a bit lost in how to do with FR
> > :-)
> > The desktop has an icon 'Locations' and by launching it it asks me if I
> > want to switch-o GPS, I press 'yes' and then nothing more happens, there
> > is only a map with a red dot in Asia. What to do next?
>
> That's it.  All you need to do next is wait for the GPS to "get a first
> fix".  This may take a minute or so if you're in an outside open area
> with a nice view of the sky, and it may take forever (literally) if
> you're in a building, or if the GPS antenna (which is located at the
> top of your FR) is buried in your coat pocket or facing towards
> the earth.

I was in a building when I tried this last night; will test it outside
again (when it stops raining here :-));

> You only need to be that careful in order to get the first fix.
> Afterwards, you can go about your business, put the FR in a pocket,
> etc and the GPS will keep track of your movements.

does this mean as well that I will get some map on my screen? is there some
interfacing for exmaple with this:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=23.11725&lon=-82.42706&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF

Thx for your help

        matthias