El día Tuesday, October 28, 2008 a las 06:26:24AM -0400, Stefan Monnier
escribió:

> > does this mean as well that I will get some map on my screen? is there some
> > interfacing for exmaple with this:
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=23.11725&lon=-82.42706&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF
> Yes, you'll get an openstreetmap, provided you are somehow connected to
> the internet.  The `locations' application is about as basic as
> it gets.  The next step up is TangoGPS, which is still very basic.
> There's also Navit (which offers routing), and lots more.

I have now installed and configured:

   # opkg install gpsd
   # opkg install http://www.tangogps.org/downloads/tangogps_0.9.3-r1_armv4t.ipk

   # vi /etc/default/gpsd
   GPS_DEV="/dev/ttySAC1"

   # /etc/init.d/gpsd stop
   # /etc/init.d/gpsd start

because 'Locations' always claims that in can't find the Fix for my
actual location;

TangoGPS starts fine, connects to the 'gpsd' and downloads the maps
through the USB interface from Internet; sometimes is just segfaults :-(

I can't see if TangoGPS knows where I am;
how can I prove this if GSM is really working?

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH