> I wrote a small
> dialer in python gtk and use normal applications from debian
> (gpe-calendar, xvkbd keyboard, midori/firefox/arora/elinks browsers,
> xchat, icewm window manager). This has give me a pretty stable "no
> surprises around corners" environment with lots of applications and
> let me to concentrate on helping kernel, Xorg and ogsmd development.

Is your environment finger-friendly?

Btw, I all WMs I've tried until now, either try to resize any window to
become full-screen, or just keep windows size as is (so part os out of
screen). Both ways make parts of windows inaccessible. Especially
configuration dialogs. Tried E17 configuration dialogs (with font/scale
set to something visible without a microscope), especially in "more
options" mode?

Why not just add scroolbars (in the WM frame I mean)?
Especially for configuration dialogs. So if an app was not originally
written for small screen, it could still be possible to reach everything
in it's window.