Radek Polak <pson...@seznam.cz> writes:

> On Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:55:13 AM Robin Paulson wrote:
>
>> it printed this, i'm not sure what it means:
>> QDBusObjectPath: invalid path ""
>> Method call "/->DefaultAdapter()" failed:
>> QDBusError("org.bluez.Error.NoSuchAdapter", "No such adapter")
>
> It looks like bluetooth adapter and bluez are not working. You can
> try: [...]

I wonder if it would be a generally useful idea to catch and show qpe's
output in cases like this, and then give the user the choice of
restarting or powering off?  I think that might be less alarming that
seeing the UI restarting repeatedly.  When this restarting last happened
to me, I was worried if it would be safe to force the phone to power off
- so it would be nice to have an explicit option for that.

Alternatively, the top level loop could measure how quickly qpe is
restarting, and power off automatically if it restarts twice in less
than 1 minute.  In that case it might also pop up a notice/explanation,
with a reference to where to look (on the SD card) to see qpe's output.

What do you think?  Are either of those worthwhile?

     Neil