Am 07.02.2013 um 14:36 schrieb Pascal Gosselin:

> Yesterday I was able to confirm that the installation of the Golden Delicious
> NavBoard V3 very seriously degrades the performance of GPS when using the
> built-in GPS antenna.  Getting a 3D fix is taking over 20 minutes on average
> using the built-in GPS antenna.  When using an external GPS antenna, the
> issue goes away and an unaided GPS cold start can be achieved in about 41 to
> 44 seconds.

Or can it be that the U.FL cable for the GPS antenna module is broken?

I know that it is a weak point of the Openmoko antenna module design, but it
can be repaired by cutting off the broken end and resoldering. If the cable
becomes too short, get a precrimped 100mm U.FL - U.FL jumper cable and cut in
the middle.

In that case it could be that after mounting everyting, the LNA of the GPS
Module is no longer working and you loose >20dB of
signal amplification.

You can easily check by measuring the DC-voltage at the GPS Module. Or the
resistance at the U-FL end of the cable (should read ~50 Ohm).

Nikolaus