Hi Ryan,

> Am 21.03.2016 um 14:57 schrieb Ryan de Laplante (Personal)
> <r...@ryandelaplante.ca>:
>
> I noticed the "uBlog" section of neo900.org says:
>
>> Finally our PayPal trouble timed out, so we can focus again on making
>> proto_v2. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1496288
>> Joerg, 2016-01-26 12:48:52
>
> Can someone please confirm that the funds have been fully released and paid
> out?   If that's the case then maybe the first news item shown on neo900.org
> can be updated so that it doesn't start with "PayPal trouble delays project".
>   Maybe a new news item can be written with an updated schedule and timeline.
> I've been holding off buying my next phone for a while and am wondering if it
> will be another 1 - 2 years before the Neo900 is shipped.

unfortunately, I can't comment on funds, schedules and timelines of Neo900.

But I can share this:
Jörg asked a while ago if we can now do the PCB layout and build the next
prototype right after he solved the paypal issue.
Unfortunately, GDC is currently 120% busy polishing the Pyra hardware for mass
production and other tasks are also far
behind schedule (e.g. the GTA04A5 schedule also suffers from the same lack of
capacity).

Therefore, I had to decline to do anything immediately and could only offer to
continue in third or fourth quarter of this year.

To speed things up, I also suggested that he himself continues to finish the
schematics and PCB layout (I think he also had
bought an EAGLE licence). Or he converts the data into KiCAD format. Whatever
is more appropriate to produce Gerber files.

If he comes up with final Gerber data, I can help to get some samples produced
(we have a soldering machine optimally suited for
such fine-pitch BGA prototyping tasks). This is work for only a handful of
days, which can always be inserted between other things.

So our bottleneck is that we have no spare capacity for finishing complete
schematics and PCB layout in the near future.

BR,
Nikolaus