Hi all,

> Am 04.11.2017 um 22:17 schrieb Niels <n...@maclisp.org>:
>
> "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <h...@goldelico.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Paul,

>>> There is an article on LWN.net about these devices and others:
>>>
>>> https://lwn.net/Articles/736231/
>>>
>>> It covers the Yubikey NEO and Yubikey 4 plus the Nitrokey Pro and FST-01.
>>
>> Interesting reading!
>>
>> To me it looks as if it would best fit our community to simply build
>> enough FST-01 units, so that they are not out of stock...
>>
>> Everything is said to be free and open, even if the device isn't the fastest
>> one:
>>
>> https://github.com/vinaebizs/fst-01
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SeeedDocument/FST-01/master/img/Fst-01-schematic.png
>>
>> So it looks not very difficult to have them produced and stocked by us at
>> a reasonable price.

> I agree.
>
> I have been wanting a FST-01 for a while, but not found any place to
> buy one.

I have studied the schematics and it will take less than 1 day to prepare for
producing some clone...

Cost is also reasonable, e.g. something below 30€ seems feasible for tiny
quantities (if produced in batches of 10). So it is possible to provide
permanent supply.

What I understood is that it needs some flashing tool to be connected to
a jumper. Maybe someone can elaborate this.

One thing is to be discussed about the USB interface:

Should we keep the USB-A plug or try to replace it by an Mini-USB-A so that
it can be directly plugged into a GTA0x?

Or even 3 variants with Standard-USB, MiniUSB and µUSB? Or does someone have
an idea if multiple sockets are feasible?

USB-C makes no sense IMHO, because then a much faster processor with USB3 speed
should be used... This would be a completely different project.

So what can be the next steps?
* I await your comments and comments about being interested
* maybe someone should take care about the programming procedures
* then I can open a shop entry for preordering
* I can prepare production data
* and order 2-3 samples and have them built
* those samples go to those doing the first preorders
* things would be tested/debugged
* after that it is possible to provide permanent service for the community
until components become EOL

BR,
Nikolaus