On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 10:57:48 +0100, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> So in the wort case the device would cycle and try to
> start Linux every ca. 10 minutes but never succeeds.
> In the best case the battery gets more and more energy
> and after several cycles Linux fully boots and you can
> charge up to 100%. In the worst case it cycles forever.

This reminds me of some gadget I once had where you had to try and press
the power button to turn it "off" when charging so that it would not try
and boot up. Maybe I'm thinking of one of the early iPods. Having said
that, the Acer tablet I use to test Android things is also a bit flaky
when it comes to charging.

> On the OS (user space) side we still have to find a way
> to rebuild and maintain QtMoko2 and Replicant. If someone
> is doing experiments, please share! Or if someone wants
> to take care of it, please tell. We are a community
> which lives from exchange and activity of many individuals.

I keep meaning to take a look at QtMoko2. Maybe I'll get some time in the
new year, but my first priority is to find a decent job - ideally one where
the employer doesn't think they own the contents of their employees' brains.

David