On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:53:12 +0100, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> I am happy to announce that after years of
> abandonment and obsolescence, QtMoko is back in
> maintained mode.

That's great news! Well done Nikolaus and Andreas!

> After several failed attempts, we now have a git
> tree and a build system where we can apply
> modifications and accept patches. And we
> need testers :)
>
> Currently, we have a Wheezy and a Jessie based
> (different git branches) and both run on the
> GTA04(A3, A4, A5) with latest Letux kernels.

I started looking at building an embedded flavour of Qt and QtMoko on Stretch
but didn't get much further than building Qt and installing it in a rootfs.
I've attached my quick-and-dirty build script so that others can see what I
did and decide if it is worth doing something similar.

My plan was to look at stripping down QtMoko to use only qmake files in the
hope that it would make it easier to port to Qt 5.

I'll be starting a new job soon, so I won't have time to look at this in the
near future. At least, not in a very serious way.

David
#!/usr/bin/env bash

ARCH=armhf
SYSTEM_ARCH=arm-linux-gnueabihf
QT_ARCH=arm
PREFIX=/usr
QTDIR=$HOME/QtMoko/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.6
QTOPIADIR=$HOME/QtMoko/dboddie-qtmoko
ROOTFS=$HOME/QtMoko/armhf-rootfs
MULTISTRAP=$HOME/QtMoko/multistrap-stretch-armhf.conf
BUILDDIR=$HOME/QtMoko/qt-build
QMAKE=$BUILDDIR/bin/qmake
PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR=$ROOTFS
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$ROOTFS/usr/lib/$ARCH/pkgconfig

if [ ! -d $ROOTFS ]; then
    echo "Creating $ROOTFS for $ARCH using multistrap with $MULTISTRAP"
    /usr/sbin/multistrap -a $ARCH -d $ROOTFS -f $MULTISTRAP
fi

if [ ! -d $BUILDDIR ]; then
    echo "Creating build directory, $BUILDDIR"
    mkdir $BUILDDIR
fi

cd $BUILDDIR

echo "Copying configuration from $QTOPIADIR to $QTDIR"
cp $QTOPIADIR/qtopiacore/qconfig-qpe.h $QTDIR/src/corelib/global/

echo "Configuring Qt"
$QTDIR/configure -opensource -confirm-license -embedded $QT_ARCH -xplatform
qws/linux-debian-armhf -prefix $PREFIX -no-rpath -plugin-sql-sqlite -svg
-system-zlib -system-sqlite -dbus -sysroot $ROOTFS -nomake docs -nomake demos
-nomake examples -no-webkit -no-phonon -no-multimedia -no-xmlpatterns
-no-script -no-accessibility -qconfig qpe -force-pkg-config -v

echo "Building Qt"
make
echo "Installing Qt to $ROOTFS"
make install INSTALL_ROOT=$ROOTFS