Hi,

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 18:28:08 +0100
David Boddie <da...@boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:53:12 +0100, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > I am happy to announce that after years of
> > abandonment and obsolescence, QtMoko is back in
> > maintained mode.
>
> That's great news! Well done Nikolaus and Andreas!
>
> > After several failed attempts, we now have a git
> > tree and a build system where we can apply
> > modifications and accept patches. And we
> > need testers :)
> >
> > Currently, we have a Wheezy and a Jessie based
> > (different git branches) and both run on the
> > GTA04(A3, A4, A5) with latest Letux kernels.
>
> I started looking at building an embedded flavour of Qt and QtMoko on Stretch
> but didn't get much further than building Qt and installing it in a rootfs.
> I've attached my quick-and-dirty build script so that others can see what I
> did and decide if it is worth doing something similar.

I think basically it is a good start. Untangling qt there would be
helpful. Especially since the qt variant embedded in the source cannot
be built on stretch without too much hacking.

> My plan was to look at stripping down QtMoko to use only qmake files in the
> hope that it would make it easier to port to Qt 5.

apt-get install libqtopia-dev libqt-dev
fetch qtopia-application-src
cd qtopia-application-src
cmake or qmake
make
make install

would be nice. So you feel like starting something without an enormous
amount of willpower required.

> I'll be starting a new job soon, so I won't have time to look at this in the
> near future. At least, not in a very serious way.

Well, we all need to do some work to earn money.

Regards,
Andreas