Hello

Am 03.06.2018 um 11:33 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
Regarding hardware, there is also the zero phone: https://wiki.zerophone.org
I know. But the Raspberry Zero is weak. How are the tinkerphones compared to it? How much RAM, how much memory, which processors?

That is a really interesting idea full in line with our overall goals. There was
some interest 2 years ago, and we already had installed a mailing list:

subscribed.
But it remained almost inactive. So let me invite you to just make use of it.
Your initiative can make the ball rolling again.
Lets see.
Let me ask some question that come to my (naive) mind:
* how does ubuntu touch differ from desktop ubuntu?
UT has some mostly security orientated design choices that differ from Ubuntu desktop: * The root files system is read-only (you can remount it, but changes get lost by the next update), while the home partition is writable * The system gets updated by OTA (over the air) updates. This means the whole root files system gets replaced. * Apps get installed and updated as click packages that are (normally) confined and have their dependencies packaged * There is a Content Hub that Apps can (and if confined, have to) use to communicate with each other * The desktop environment is Unity8 (which does not work on Desktop at the moment, but is being worked on)
* do they share apt-get repositories?
Yes, they do. But usually you would not use that. Remember: The rootfs is read-only and changes get lost via updates. But their is a way to install "legacy" applications via apt-get in libertine containers. But usually this does not help very much as the GUIs aren't made for Smartphone Screens.
* how is it installed? does a "apt-get install ubuntu-touch" suffice?
Unfortunately no. All current Ubuntu Touch devices are Android-based and thus UT can only be installed with android tools like adb and fastboot. There is the ubports-installer which makes that easy for the supported devices. The Librem 5 and the Raspberry will be the first ones that are not Android-based and we still need to find the best way to provide Ubuntu Touch for those true GNU/Linux devices.
* what are minimum requirements to memory, screen resolution?
I think the weakest UT devices have at least 1 GB RAM and 8 GB storage. How about tinkerphones?

regards
Jonatan