On Fri Jun 15 18:34:43 CEST 2018, J.V. King wrote:

> Speaking of Inferno on Cellphones:
>

> Hellaphone -- Inferno on Android phones
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF_-jQc53jw
> [https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dF_-jQc53jw/hqdefault.jpg]<http://www.youtube.com/wa
> tch?v=dF_-jQc53jw>

I found this project when I started looking at Inferno again last year, but
haven't tried it because I believe it needs root access and I haven't rooted
any of my devices yet.

For anyone else who is interested in this kind of thing, the original
Hellaphone announcement can be found here:

https://marc.info/?l=9fans&m=131621180916517&w=2

And the primary author wrote an article about it here:

https://jfloren.net/b/2015/8/18/2

> Hellaphone -- Inferno on Android phones -
> YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF_-jQc53jw> www.youtube.com
> This is a demonstration of Inferno running on an Android phone. Sandia
> National Labs has adapted the Inferno operating system to act as a more
> phone-oriented...

There's also an Android app that provides an Inferno environment:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/inferno-os/M1yaqKSin3o

That's something I may try at some point, though I'm not very active at
maintaining a useable Android build environment on my system. I have my own
toolchain for writing apps - not that I do that much these days.

David