I was recently thinking about whether I should buy a new base board for my
old Gumstix Overo single board computer so that I can use it with a monitor.

Anyway, I found the board I was looking for, but then I was distracted by
this:

https://www.gumstix.com/geppetto/overview/

It looks intriguing - in theory, you "design" your board by placing blocks
for each of the components. Then, after validation it is routed, populated
and tested. You apparently get software based on either Yocto or Rasbian
depending on the SOC in use - though I can't find where I read this.

I guess it makes sense for people with a certain amount of money to spend on
development who don't have the time or resources to do all the design and
sourcing themselves. The prices can be found here:

https://www.gumstix.com/ordering/geppetto-orders/

So, maybe not that useful for many of the readers here, but I hope it was
at least interesting. :-)

David