> What I wonder, since I heard of this approach or the first time, is what the
> use-case is.
>
> The use-case seems to be for people without engineering experience, who
> explicitly
> need a custom designed PCB and can't live with any existing standard device,
> like a BeagleBone or Udoo neo plus a standard or custom designed "Cape"…

We have good electrical engineers, and do our own design for some things, but
we just needed a daughterboard with a very specific set of interfaces for the
Compute Module 3, in quantity of about a dozen, and this was a really cheap way
to get the project done quickly, and have someone else debug all the interface
drivers.  They delivered quickly, and we’ve had zero problems.  We’re very
happy.

                                -Bill