--- Begin Message ---
just very quick, let me tell you that the Greyston Community Garden
was very busy this garden season. In partnership with the
Technology computer center, we develop a summer camp called
Enviro-tech, we used a convination of environmental issues and
tecnology and created our name. The participants were involved in
growing a vegetable garden,  they study and learned the best they
were able to about certains vegetables, they planted the seeds,
learned facts about it, and care of them while they grew. During all
the process, all the knoledge they had learned at the garden, they
transfered it to the computer, they worked on a web-site and they
did really good, the program was finished with a presentation to
parents and other community residents, and of course a B.B.Q and
a picture in our local Newspaper.

Lucy Moreno-Casanova
Greyston Community Garden Coordinator
21 Park Ave.
Yonkers,New York 10703

  On 5 Oct 2002, at 13:14, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Friends,
>
> You've been doing great stuff in your gardens all spring and summer.  Did you
> do something interesting with kids, change your composting program, deal with
> a perplexing issue in a new way?
>
> If some of you are growing vegetables for food banks, schools or seniors or
> have a new grape arbor you're proud of, let us know.  Sometimes it helps when
> one of us is going through a rough stretch with volunteers that others are
> having the same kinds of problems.
>
> Did you have a great event of picnic?  Please share it.  Some of us, when we
> open up our e-mails after a day's work could use the lift.
>
> When we have a sense that our separate gardens are really interconnected
> thoughout North America and the world it helps support us all when a local
> official doesn't "get it."
>
> Best wishes,
> Adam Honigman
> Volunteer, Clinton Community Garden

> The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's
> services to communit
y gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please
go to http://www.comm
unitygarden.org

> To post an e-mail to the list:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listin
fo/community_garden

--- End Message ---